Saturday, July 16

23 Weeks

I can't believe I'm more than half way there...


                                                    "Rock the Bump"


I must say, the 2nd trimester is so much more enjoyable than the 1st.


So, here are some highlights thus far:


Baby - He is about a foot long now and weighs almost a pound.  He is developing his hearing quite a bit these days.  Iain and I both enjoy taking time talking, singing, and reading Scripture to him in the evenings since he can hear us.  He is definitely moving around and working on kicks and punches.


Changes for me - I am completely in maternity clothes now, minus some occasional shirts or dresses that fit.  Maternity pants are actually quite comfortable because they have all the elasticity.  


Sleep - Well, honestly, since I have been pregnant, my sleep has gotten less and less.  I visit the ladies room a few times a night, every night.  I sleep with lots of pillows and a humidifier.  Little guy is usually active when I first lay down, which I actually don't mind a bit.  I am so busy during the day that I enjoy getting to feel him move about.  The only thing that is most difficult is having our bedroom on the 2nd floor and our only bathroom on the 1st floor....fun times ;-)


What I enjoy - Milk!!! I never really enjoyed a plain glass of milk before I was pregnant...now, I could have a glass with every meal.  Cheese :) Every kind of it, too.  Cherries, Mangos, and grapes have been my favorite fruit.  Salad has been the only veggies I've liked (that part is a bummer).  MEXICAN FOOD!! Yum!! I have liked it from the very beginning and the only thing that stinks is not having a "Chuy's" in Virginia.


The not so fun - headaches, heartburn, and lack of sleep.


Sweet Moments - Iain finally got to feel our baby boy kick last week!! Honestly, I just love feeling him move, it's the best!!


Nesting - It's slowly starting to kick in...We found a wonderful deal on Craigslist for a crib! Our friend, Matt, was so super awesome to help Iain go pick it up and use their SUV.  Now, just to put it together! We have picked out a theme for his room.....It's called "Laguna" and it has turtles, ducks, and frogs on it.  We just registered last night....YAY!! Target and Babies R Us were the stores of choice.  I really enjoyed researching all the different brands to use.


I am currently hanging out with my favorite twins: Jayden and Judah, the sweet little baby boys I have the delight of taking care of.  They are taking their afternoon nap and then we will have some more fun times playing when they wake up!


Have a wonderful Saturday!!





1 comment:

Gail said...

I know this is almost a month past you writing this, but I SOOO enjoyed reading all the goings-on of your pregnancy! So fun!

Love you sis!

Gail

P.S. If I could send some Chuy's your way...I would. ;)